Plot Summary: Sassy Punjabi girl and cricket fanatic Veera (Rani Mukherji) must pretend to be Veer in order to play on the men’s team. Things get messy when she falls for her coach Rohan (Shahid Kapoor), a London-bred cricket star who only took the job to work through a strained relationship with his dad (Anupam Kher).
1. The best part of this movie for me was the easy chemistry between Rani and Shahid. I would have never imagined this pair together, but I am glad someone did.
2. Electrifying soundtrack by Pritam, Julius Packiam, and Mukhtar Sahota, with lyrics by Jaideep Sahni. Videos are very well done and beg to be viewed many times. The choreography is delightful!
3. Light hearted story that flows easily throughout. Not much thinking required.
4. Gorgeous costumes, make-up, scenery! The colors are a feast for the eyes.
5. Rani is absolutely smokin’. The hottest I’ve seen her in a long time. And even in such a disposable comedy, she proves to be chock full of acting talent.
2. That being said the plot is weak and lacking in many areas. For example, the big cricket game and resolution begs to be rewritten for a more satisfying conclusion. There are many plot holes and events that don’t make sense.
3. Run time is long at 2 hrs and 28 mins. It might not be worth your time if mindless romantic comedies are not your favorite fare.
Overall: A cheerful and romantic sports comedy where all the characters share a love for two things: India and Cricket. It makes for an easy viewing with beautiful stars and fun music. Give your brain a break and enjoy this one!